We’ve put a goat milk twist on this kid-favorite to boost nutrition! This cow milk-free recipe packs a protein punch and has less sodium than your average store-bought mac n’ cheese. Plus, by swapping cow milk and cheese for goat, it may be an option for little ones with cow milk sensitivity.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 5 minutes
Makes 4 servings, each 1/2 cup (125 mL)/140 g
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Kabrita Goat Milk Toddler Formula, unprepared
- ½ cup (125 mL) warm water
- ½ cup (125 mL) goat milk, 3.25%
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried macaroni elbows
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup (310 mL) coarsely grated cheddar goat cheese, about 3 oz (84 g)
How To Make Goat Milk Macaroni & Cheese:
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Place formula in a small bowl. Whisk in water, then milk.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. When boiling, add macaroni and stir. Boil, stirring occasionally for 8 to 10 minutes until cooked and tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Sprinkle and mix in flour. Stir constantly for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in prepared formula mixture, whisking often for 1 to 2 more minutes, just until hot. Be careful not to overheat or overcook the sauce or it may separate.
- Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) of grated cheese. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Stir in cooked macaroni until evenly mixed.
- Spoon pasta into 4 small heatproof baking dishes, such as ramekins, each holding 2/3 cup (160 mL). Sprinkle remaining cheese overtop. For added crunch, crumble up some Kabrita Snuck Puffs with Goat Cheese!
- Bake in centre of preheated oven until cheese melts, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand until cool enough to enjoy. If ramekins are too warm, spoon into bowls before serving.
Tip: If making ahead, macaroni and cheese will keep well, cooled, covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours. To reheat, microwave or cook on the stove in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until warm. Stir in a little more milk to moisten if desired. Let stand until cool enough to enjoy. Do not use formula discarded from your toddler’s feed.
We love seeing how parents incorporate the Gentle Goodness of Kabrita Goat Milk Foods into their everyday. Tag us in your recipes @hellokabrita for a chance to be featured! Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, and like us on Facebook for more nutrition and parenting tips!
Are you curious to see if Kabrita Goat Milk Formula & Foods may be right for your family? Check out our FREE Trial Kit today!
Kabrita Goat Milk Toddler Formula may be an option for little ones during feeding transitions, such as weaning and supplementing, or those with minor issues associated with cow milk sensitivity*.
*Not suitable for children with confirmed cow milk protein allergy